Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.49 meters/second, 1553.3 km/hour, 965.2 miles/hour or 838.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||south||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.2"||965.05 mi||west||0° 07' 06.7"||8.15 mi||south||965.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 27.4"||757.04 mi||east||3° 11' 20.9"||219.27 mi||south||793.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sat 12:10 AM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||NNE|
|Wailuku||Sat 12:10 AM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||NNE|
|Hilo||Sat 12:10 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 12:10 AM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 11:10 PM||2261 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Fri 10:10 PM||2555 km||1587 miles||1379 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 11:10 PM||3096 km||1924 miles||1672 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 10:10 PM||3326 km||2067 miles||1796 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 10:10 PM||3413 km||2121 miles||1843 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 12:10 AM||3573 km||2220 miles||1929 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.