Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.48 meters/second, 1553.3 kilometres/hour, 965.2 miles/hour or 838.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||South||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.1"||964.97 mi||West||0° 07' 06.6"||8.15 mi||South||965.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 27.8"||756.99 mi||East||3° 11' 19.0"||219.22 mi||South||793.53 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sat 12:10 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||NNE|
|Hilo||Sat 12:10 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||NE|
|Wailuku||Sat 12:10 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 12:10 AM||1594 km||991 miles||861 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 11:10 PM||2283 km||1418 miles||1233 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Fri 10:10 PM||2576 km||1601 miles||1391 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 11:10 PM||3107 km||1931 miles||1678 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 10:10 PM||3338 km||2074 miles||1802 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 10:10 PM||3440 km||2137 miles||1857 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 12:10 AM||3584 km||2227 miles||1935 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.