Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.57 meters/second, 1553.6 km/hour, 965.4 miles/hour or 838.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||South||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.4"||965.17 mi||West||0° 07' 08.2"||8.18 mi||South||965.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 19.4"||756.98 mi||East||3° 11' 53.8"||219.89 mi||South||793.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sat 12:30 AM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 12:30 AM||1745 km||1085 miles||942 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Fri 11:30 PM||1905 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Fri 10:30 PM||2215 km||1377 miles||1196 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sat 10:30 PM||2854 km||1774 miles||1541 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 11:30 PM||2920 km||1815 miles||1577 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 10:30 PM||2981 km||1852 miles||1609 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sat 10:30 PM||3108 km||1931 miles||1678 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 10:30 PM||3278 km||2037 miles||1770 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sun 12:30 AM||3413 km||2121 miles||1843 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.