Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.67 meters/second, 1554.0 km/hour, 965.6 miles/hour or 839.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||south||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.9"||965.39 mi||west||0° 07' 10.0"||8.21 mi||south||965.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 10.2"||756.98 mi||east||3° 12' 31.9"||220.61 mi||south||793.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sat 12:52 AM||1362 km||846 miles||736 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Fri 11:52 PM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 10:52 PM||1912 km||1188 miles||1033 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 12:52 AM||2062 km||1282 miles||1114 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Sat 10:52 PM||2318 km||1440 miles||1251 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 10:52 PM||2508 km||1558 miles||1354 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sat 10:52 PM||2550 km||1584 miles||1377 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 11:52 PM||2818 km||1751 miles||1521 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 10:52 PM||2987 km||1856 miles||1613 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 10:52 PM||3172 km||1971 miles||1713 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.