Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 11:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 11:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.79 meters/second, 1554.4 km/hour, 965.9 miles/hour or 839.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 20.4"||965.66 mi||West||0° 07' 12.2"||8.26 mi||South||965.99 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 58.6"||756.97 mi||East||3° 13' 20.3"||221.54 mi||South||794.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sat 12:20 AM||1357 km||843 miles||733 nm||N|
|Majuro||Sat 11:20 PM||1664 km||1034 miles||898 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 11:20 PM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Sat 11:20 PM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Sat 11:20 PM||1994 km||1239 miles||1077 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sat 1:20 AM||2033 km||1263 miles||1098 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Sat 11:20 PM||2596 km||1613 miles||1402 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:20 AM||2603 km||1618 miles||1406 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Sat 11:20 PM||2756 km||1713 miles||1488 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:20 AM||2861 km||1778 miles||1545 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.