Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 4:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 16:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.13 meters/second, 1559.3 km/hour, 968.9 miles/hour or 841.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||South||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.6"||968.67 mi||West||0° 07' 35.3"||8.70 mi||South||969.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 55.1"||756.96 mi||East||3° 21' 46.9"||231.20 mi||South||796.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Da Nang||Sat 11:20 PM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||WNW|
|Huế||Sat 11:20 PM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||WNW|
|Nha Trang||Sat 11:20 PM||403 km||251 miles||218 nm||SSW|
|Haikou||Sun 12:20 AM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||N|
|Pakse||Sat 11:20 PM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||W|
|Savannakhet||Sat 11:20 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||WNW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Sat 11:20 PM||696 km||432 miles||376 nm||SW|
|Hai Phong||Sat 11:20 PM||764 km||474 miles||412 nm||NW|
|Phnom Penh||Sat 11:20 PM||788 km||490 miles||426 nm||WSW|
|Macau||Sun 12:20 AM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.