Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 5:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 17:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.48 meters/second, 1560.5 km/hour, 969.7 miles/hour or 842.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.1"||969.45 mi||West||0° 07' 41.2"||8.81 mi||South||969.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 23.7"||756.97 mi||East||3° 23' 55.0"||233.64 mi||South||797.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Sat 11:08 PM||395 km||245 miles||213 nm||S|
|Yangon||Sun 12:08 AM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||ENE|
|Mawlamyine||Sun 12:08 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||ENE|
|Naypyidaw||Sun 12:08 AM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||NE|
|Dawei||Sun 12:08 AM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||E|
|Chittagong||Sat 11:38 PM||788 km||490 miles||425 nm||N|
|Chiang Mai||Sun 12:38 AM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||ENE|
|Mandalay||Sun 12:08 AM||854 km||530 miles||461 nm||NNE|
|Bhubaneshwar||Sat 11:08 PM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||NW|
|Khulna||Sat 11:38 PM||886 km||551 miles||478 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.