Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 9:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 21:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.56 meters/second, 1564.4 km/hour, 972.1 miles/hour or 844.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||South||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.4"||971.89 mi||West||0° 07' 59.0"||9.15 mi||South||972.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 49.0"||757.04 mi||East||3° 30' 19.4"||240.97 mi||South||799.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khartoum||Sun 12:38 AM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||WNW|
|Kosti||Sun 12:38 AM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||SW|
|Kassala||Sun 12:38 AM||262 km||163 miles||142 nm||ENE|
|Teseney||Sun 12:38 AM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||E|
|Gondar||Sun 12:38 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||ESE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Sun 12:38 AM||451 km||280 miles||243 nm||WSW|
|Keren||Sun 12:38 AM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||ENE|
|Bahir Dar||Sun 12:38 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||SE|
|Mendefera||Sun 12:38 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||E|
|Asmara||Sun 12:38 AM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.