Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.62 meters/second, 1564.6 kilometres/hour, 972.2 miles/hour or 844.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.5"||972.03 mi||West||0° 08' 00.0"||9.17 mi||South||972.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 43.6"||757.05 mi||East||3° 30' 41.5"||241.39 mi||South||799.90 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al-Ubayyid||Sun 12:52 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||SSW|
|Khartoum||Sun 12:52 AM||223 km||138 miles||120 nm||ENE|
|Kosti||Sun 12:52 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||SE|
|Malakal||Sun 12:52 AM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||S|
|Al-Fashir||Sun 12:52 AM||588 km||366 miles||318 nm||W|
|Kassala||Sun 12:52 AM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||E|
|Teseney||Sun 12:52 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||E|
|Gondar||Sun 12:52 AM||767 km||476 miles||414 nm||ESE|
|Bahir Dar||Sun 12:52 AM||801 km||498 miles||432 nm||ESE|
|Wau||Sun 12:52 AM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.