Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 22:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.71 meters/second, 1564.9 kilometres/hour, 972.4 miles/hour or 845.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 32.0"||972.21 mi||West||0° 08' 01.3"||9.19 mi||South||972.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 36.7"||757.05 mi||East||3° 31' 09.6"||241.93 mi||South||800.06 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al-Fashir||Sun 1:10 AM||154 km||96 miles||83 nm||SW|
|Al-Ubayyid||Sun 1:10 AM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||ESE|
|Fada||Sat 11:10 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||WNW|
|Abéché||Sat 11:10 PM||601 km||373 miles||325 nm||W|
|Birao||Sat 11:10 PM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||SW|
|Khartoum||Sun 1:10 AM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||E|
|Wau||Sun 1:10 AM||788 km||489 miles||425 nm||SSE|
|Malakal||Sun 1:10 AM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||SE|
|Faya-Largeau||Sat 11:10 PM||856 km||532 miles||462 nm||WNW|
|Bria||Sat 11:10 PM||1014 km||630 miles||548 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.