Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 3:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.22 meters/second, 1570.4 km/hour, 975.8 miles/hour or 847.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||South||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 37.7"||975.61 mi||West||0° 08' 25.0"||9.65 mi||South||975.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 32.1"||757.29 mi||East||3° 39' 40.1"||251.66 mi||South||803.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sat 11:46 PM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||W|
|Vieux Fort||Sat 11:46 PM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||W|
|Castries||Sat 11:46 PM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Sat 11:46 PM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sat 11:46 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||W|
|Scarborough||Sat 11:46 PM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sat 11:46 PM||706 km||439 miles||381 nm||WNW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sat 11:46 PM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||WNW|
|Saint George's||Sat 11:46 PM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 11:46 PM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.