Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 04:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.37 meters/second, 1570.9 km/hour, 976.1 miles/hour or 848.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||South||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.3"||975.96 mi||West||0° 08' 27.4"||9.69 mi||South||976.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 20.0"||757.32 mi||East||3° 40' 29.9"||252.61 mi||South||803.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kingstown||Sun 12:20 AM||229 km||142 miles||123 nm||ESE|
|Castries||Sun 12:20 AM||244 km||152 miles||132 nm||E|
|Vieux Fort||Sun 12:20 AM||247 km||153 miles||133 nm||E|
|Saint George's||Sun 12:20 AM||250 km||156 miles||135 nm||SE|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 12:20 AM||250 km||156 miles||135 nm||ENE|
|Roseau||Sun 12:20 AM||260 km||162 miles||140 nm||NE|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 12:20 AM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||NNE|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sun 12:20 AM||327 km||203 miles||177 nm||NNE|
|Brades||Sun 12:20 AM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||NNE|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 12:20 AM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.