Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 04:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.50 meters/second, 1571.4 km/hour, 976.4 miles/hour or 848.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.9"||976.24 mi||West||0° 08' 29.3"||9.73 mi||South||976.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 10.2"||757.35 mi||East||3° 41' 10.9"||253.39 mi||South||803.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Oranjestad||Sun 12:48 AM||132 km||82 miles||71 nm||S|
|Willemstad||Sun 12:48 AM||213 km||133 miles||115 nm||SSE|
|Maracaibo||Sun 12:18 AM||381 km||236 miles||206 nm||SSW|
|Barquisimeto||Sun 12:18 AM||410 km||255 miles||222 nm||S|
|Valencia||Sun 12:18 AM||450 km||279 miles||243 nm||SSE|
|Maracay||Sun 12:18 AM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||SE|
|Caracas||Sun 12:18 AM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||SE|
|Santo Domingo||Sun 12:48 AM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||N|
|La Romana||Sun 12:48 AM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||NNE|
|Punta Cana||Sun 12:48 AM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.