Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 5:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 05:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.72 meters/second, 1572.2 km/hour, 976.9 miles/hour or 848.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.28 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.6"||976.74 mi||West||0° 08' 32.6"||9.79 mi||South||977.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 52.8"||757.40 mi||East||3° 42' 23.4"||254.77 mi||South||804.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Andrés||Sun 12:38 AM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||SSE|
|Puerto Cabezas||Sat 11:38 PM||144 km||90 miles||78 nm||WNW|
|Matagalpa||Sat 11:38 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||W|
|Alajuela||Sat 11:38 PM||458 km||284 miles||247 nm||SSW|
|San Jose||Sat 11:38 PM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||SSW|
|Masaya||Sat 11:38 PM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||WSW|
|Managua||Sat 11:38 PM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||WSW|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 11:38 PM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||W|
|La Ceiba||Sat 11:38 PM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||WNW|
|David||Sun 12:38 AM||573 km||356 miles||310 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.