Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 8:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 08:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.45 meters/second, 1574.8 km/hour, 978.5 miles/hour or 850.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.3"||978.36 mi||West||0° 08' 43.5"||10.00 mi||South||978.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 58.2"||757.60 mi||East||3° 46' 13.6"||259.16 mi||South||805.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Sun 1:20 AM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 1:20 AM||2057 km||1278 miles||1111 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Sun 2:20 AM||2085 km||1295 miles||1126 nm||ENE|
|Tijuana||Sun 12:20 AM||2184 km||1357 miles||1180 nm||N|
|San Diego||Sun 12:20 AM||2202 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||N|
|Mexicali||Sun 12:20 AM||2233 km||1388 miles||1206 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes||Sun 2:20 AM||2234 km||1388 miles||1206 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 12:20 AM||2329 km||1447 miles||1257 nm||N|
|Acapulco||Sun 2:20 AM||2336 km||1452 miles||1261 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Sun 1:20 AM||2430 km||1510 miles||1312 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.