Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.67 meters/second, 1575.6 km/hour, 979.0 miles/hour or 850.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.1"||978.86 mi||West||0° 08' 46.8"||10.06 mi||South||979.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 42.1"||757.67 mi||East||3° 47' 23.3"||260.49 mi||South||806.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sat 11:10 PM||2746 km||1706 miles||1483 nm||WNW|
|Los Angeles||Sun 1:10 AM||2784 km||1730 miles||1503 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 11:10 PM||2909 km||1808 miles||1571 nm||WSW|
|Hermosillo||Sun 2:10 AM||2920 km||1815 miles||1577 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Sun 1:10 AM||2944 km||1829 miles||1590 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Sun 2:10 AM||3127 km||1943 miles||1689 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Sun 1:10 AM||3141 km||1952 miles||1696 nm||NNE|
|Salt Lake City||Sun 2:10 AM||3719 km||2311 miles||2008 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Sun 3:10 AM||3728 km||2317 miles||2013 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sat 11:10 PM||3822 km||2375 miles||2064 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.