Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 9:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.71 meters/second, 1575.8 km/hour, 979.1 miles/hour or 850.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.4"||978.96 mi||West||0° 08' 47.5"||10.07 mi||South||979.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 38.9"||757.68 mi||East||3° 47' 37.2"||260.75 mi||South||806.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sat 11:20 PM||2506 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 11:20 PM||2669 km||1659 miles||1441 nm||WSW|
|Los Angeles||Sun 1:20 AM||2928 km||1820 miles||1581 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Sun 1:20 AM||3044 km||1891 miles||1644 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 2:20 AM||3124 km||1941 miles||1687 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Sun 1:20 AM||3290 km||2044 miles||1776 nm||NE|
|Phoenix||Sun 2:20 AM||3304 km||2053 miles||1784 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Sat 11:20 PM||3704 km||2302 miles||2000 nm||SSW|
|Salt Lake City||Sun 2:20 AM||3859 km||2398 miles||2084 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Sun 3:20 AM||3982 km||2474 miles||2150 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.