Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.94 meters/second, 1576.6 km/hour, 979.6 miles/hour or 851.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.2"||979.46 mi||West||0° 08' 50.7"||10.14 mi||South||979.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 22.9"||757.76 mi||East||3° 48' 45.8"||262.06 mi||South||806.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 12:10 AM||1399 km||870 miles||756 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:10 AM||1601 km||995 miles||865 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sun 12:10 AM||3376 km||2098 miles||1823 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sat 10:10 PM||3446 km||2141 miles||1861 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Sat 11:10 PM||3484 km||2165 miles||1881 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:10 PM||3561 km||2213 miles||1923 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Sun 2:10 AM||3741 km||2324 miles||2020 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 2:10 AM||3806 km||2365 miles||2055 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Mon 12:10 AM||3957 km||2459 miles||2137 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 12:10 AM||3995 km||2482 miles||2157 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.