Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 10:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 10:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 438.01 meters/second, 1576.9 kilometres/hour, 979.8 miles/hour or 851.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.4"||979.64 mi||West||0° 08' 52.0"||10.16 mi||South||979.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 17.3"||757.79 mi||East||3° 49' 10.5"||262.53 mi||South||806.88 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 12:28 AM||1100 km||683 miles||594 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:28 AM||1339 km||832 miles||723 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 10:28 PM||3012 km||1871 miles||1626 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Sat 11:28 PM||3101 km||1927 miles||1674 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:28 PM||3227 km||2005 miles||1742 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sun 12:28 AM||3380 km||2100 miles||1825 nm||S|
|Apia *||Mon 12:28 AM||3652 km||2269 miles||1972 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 12:28 AM||3862 km||2400 miles||2086 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 10:28 PM||3939 km||2448 miles||2127 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sun 10:28 PM||4025 km||2501 miles||2173 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.