Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 10:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 10:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.02 meters/second, 1576.9 km/hour, 979.8 miles/hour or 851.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.4"||979.66 mi||West||0° 08' 52.0"||10.16 mi||South||980.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 16.6"||757.79 mi||East||3° 49' 13.1"||262.58 mi||South||806.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 12:30 AM||1074 km||667 miles||580 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:30 AM||1317 km||819 miles||711 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 10:30 PM||2964 km||1842 miles||1601 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Sat 11:30 PM||3059 km||1901 miles||1652 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:30 PM||3192 km||1984 miles||1724 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sun 12:30 AM||3385 km||2103 miles||1828 nm||S|
|Apia *||Mon 12:30 AM||3620 km||2250 miles||1955 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 12:30 AM||3851 km||2393 miles||2079 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 10:30 PM||3897 km||2421 miles||2104 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sun 10:30 PM||3973 km||2469 miles||2145 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.