Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 10:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 10:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.07 meters/second, 1577.0 km/hour, 979.9 miles/hour or 851.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.6"||979.76 mi||West||0° 08' 52.7"||10.17 mi||South||980.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 13.6"||757.80 mi||East||3° 49' 26.8"||262.84 mi||South||806.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 12:40 AM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:40 AM||1239 km||770 miles||669 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sat 10:40 PM||2731 km||1697 miles||1474 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Sat 11:40 PM||2856 km||1774 miles||1542 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:40 PM||3029 km||1882 miles||1635 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sun 12:40 AM||3421 km||2125 miles||1847 nm||S|
|Apia *||Mon 12:40 AM||3471 km||2157 miles||1874 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 10:40 PM||3684 km||2289 miles||1989 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sun 10:40 PM||3723 km||2313 miles||2010 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sun 10:40 PM||3729 km||2317 miles||2014 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.