Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 11:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 11:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.20 meters/second, 1577.5 km/hour, 980.2 miles/hour or 851.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.34 mi||west||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||south||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.1"||980.13 mi||west||0° 08' 54.7"||10.21 mi||south||980.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 03.8"||757.91 mi||east||3° 50' 09.0"||263.66 mi||south||807.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 1:10 AM||1078 km||670 miles||582 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 1:10 AM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Sat 11:10 PM||2056 km||1278 miles||1110 nm||SW|
|Midway||Sun 12:10 AM||2282 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 12:10 AM||2623 km||1630 miles||1416 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sun 11:10 PM||2918 km||1813 miles||1576 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sun 11:10 PM||2952 km||1834 miles||1594 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:10 PM||3085 km||1917 miles||1666 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Mon 1:10 AM||3108 km||1931 miles||1678 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 11:10 PM||3344 km||2078 miles||1806 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.