Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 11:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 11:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.29 meters/second, 1577.8 km/hour, 980.4 miles/hour or 852.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.34 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||South||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.5"||980.25 mi||West||0° 08' 55.9"||10.23 mi||South||980.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 58.1"||757.88 mi||East||3° 50' 34.4"||264.13 mi||South||807.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 1:30 AM||1385 km||860 miles||748 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 1:30 AM||1634 km||1015 miles||882 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Sat 11:30 PM||1715 km||1066 miles||926 nm||SW|
|Midway||Sun 12:30 AM||2003 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Sun 11:30 PM||2413 km||1499 miles||1303 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 12:30 AM||2482 km||1542 miles||1340 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sun 11:30 PM||2503 km||1555 miles||1352 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:30 PM||2783 km||1729 miles||1503 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 11:30 PM||2871 km||1784 miles||1550 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Mon 1:30 AM||2980 km||1852 miles||1609 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.