Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 3:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 15:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.37 meters/second, 1581.7 km/hour, 982.8 miles/hour or 854.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.17 mi||South||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.2"||982.67 mi||West||0° 09' 11.4"||10.53 mi||South||983.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 46.4"||758.35 mi||East||3° 55' 59.4"||270.32 mi||South||809.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Mon 12:38 AM||558 km||347 miles||302 nm||SSE|
|Davao||Sun 11:38 PM||948 km||589 miles||512 nm||SW|
|Cebu City||Sun 11:38 PM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||W|
|General Santos||Sun 11:38 PM||1052 km||654 miles||568 nm||SW|
|Quezon||Sun 11:38 PM||1281 km||796 miles||692 nm||WNW|
|Manila||Sun 11:38 PM||1287 km||799 miles||695 nm||WNW|
|Hagåtña||Mon 1:38 AM||1329 km||826 miles||717 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Mon 12:38 AM||1446 km||899 miles||781 nm||S|
|Manado||Sun 11:38 PM||1455 km||904 miles||785 nm||SW|
|Gorontalo||Sun 11:38 PM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.