Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 16:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.58 meters/second, 1582.5 km/hour, 983.3 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.0"||983.15 mi||West||0° 09' 14.5"||10.59 mi||South||983.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 32.9"||758.46 mi||East||3° 57' 02.7"||271.53 mi||South||810.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Batangas City||Mon 12:28 AM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||NNE|
|Kalibo||Mon 12:28 AM||208 km||129 miles||113 nm||E|
|Iloilo City||Mon 12:28 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||ESE|
|Makati||Mon 12:28 AM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||NNE|
|Manila||Mon 12:28 AM||292 km||181 miles||157 nm||N|
|Quezon||Mon 12:28 AM||305 km||190 miles||165 nm||NNE|
|Bacolod||Mon 12:28 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||ESE|
|Olongapo||Mon 12:28 AM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||N|
|Puerto Princesa||Mon 12:28 AM||315 km||195 miles||170 nm||SW|
|Angeles||Mon 12:28 AM||347 km||216 miles||188 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.