Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 16:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 16:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.59 meters/second, 1582.5 km/hour, 983.3 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.39 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||south||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.0"||983.25 mi||west||0° 09' 14.6"||10.59 mi||south||983.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 32.1"||758.52 mi||east||3° 57' 06.6"||271.63 mi||south||810.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Batangas City||Mon 12:30 AM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||NE|
|Puerto Princesa||Mon 12:30 AM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||SSW|
|Makati||Mon 12:30 AM||316 km||196 miles||171 nm||NNE|
|Olongapo||Mon 12:30 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||N|
|Manila||Mon 12:30 AM||321 km||200 miles||174 nm||NNE|
|Quezon||Mon 12:30 AM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||NNE|
|Iloilo City||Mon 12:30 AM||342 km||212 miles||184 nm||ESE|
|Angeles||Mon 12:30 AM||360 km||224 miles||195 nm||NNE|
|Mabalacat||Mon 12:30 AM||368 km||228 miles||199 nm||NNE|
|Bacolod||Mon 12:30 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.