Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 16:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.67 meters/second, 1582.8 km/hour, 983.5 miles/hour or 854.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.4"||983.34 mi||West||0° 09' 15.7"||10.61 mi||South||983.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 27.6"||758.50 mi||East||3° 57' 27.8"||272.01 mi||South||810.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Princesa||Mon 12:48 AM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||SE|
|Olongapo||Mon 12:48 AM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||ENE|
|Angeles||Mon 12:48 AM||641 km||399 miles||346 nm||NE|
|Mabalacat||Mon 12:48 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||NE|
|Manila||Mon 12:48 AM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||ENE|
|Quezon||Mon 12:48 AM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||ENE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Mon 12:48 AM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||S|
|Tarlac City||Mon 12:48 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||NE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Mon 12:48 AM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||S|
|Pekan Tutong||Mon 12:48 AM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.