Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 9:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.92 meters/second, 1587.3 km/hour, 986.3 miles/hour or 857.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 54.5"||986.15 mi||West||0° 09' 33.3"||10.95 mi||South||986.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 15.9"||759.25 mi||East||4° 03' 28.4"||278.88 mi||South||813.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Djibouti||Mon 12:46 AM||58 km||36 miles||31 nm||NW|
|Ali Sabieh||Mon 12:46 AM||83 km||52 miles||45 nm||W|
|Obock||Mon 12:46 AM||89 km||56 miles||48 nm||NNW|
|Tadjoura||Mon 12:46 AM||93 km||58 miles||50 nm||NW|
|Dikhil||Mon 12:46 AM||120 km||75 miles||65 nm||W|
|Borama||Mon 12:46 AM||141 km||87 miles||76 nm||SSW|
|Dorra||Mon 12:46 AM||153 km||95 miles||82 nm||NW|
|Berbera||Mon 12:46 AM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||ESE|
|Hargeisa||Mon 12:46 AM||190 km||118 miles||103 nm||SSE|
|Assab||Mon 12:46 AM||218 km||136 miles||118 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.