Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 10:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 22:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.13 meters/second, 1588.1 km/hour, 986.8 miles/hour or 857.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 55.1"||986.63 mi||West||0° 09' 36.2"||11.00 mi||South||986.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 04.8"||759.40 mi||East||4° 04' 28.7"||280.03 mi||South||813.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Malakal||Mon 1:38 AM||188 km||117 miles||102 nm||SSE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Mon 1:38 AM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||NNW|
|Kosti||Mon 1:38 AM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||NE|
|Wau||Mon 1:38 AM||486 km||302 miles||263 nm||SW|
|Khartoum||Mon 1:38 AM||537 km||333 miles||290 nm||NNE|
|Nekemte||Mon 1:38 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||ESE|
|Al-Fashir||Mon 1:38 AM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||WNW|
|Juba||Mon 1:38 AM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||S|
|Bahir Dar||Mon 1:38 AM||714 km||443 miles||385 nm||E|
|Gondar||Mon 1:38 AM||739 km||459 miles||399 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.