Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, January 28, 2013 at 03:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 03:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.40 meters/second, 1592.6 km/hour, 989.6 miles/hour or 860.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.49 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||south||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 59.1"||989.55 mi||west||0° 09' 53.6"||11.33 mi||south||989.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 06.9"||760.49 mi||east||4° 10' 20.3"||286.75 mi||south||816.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Mon 12:56 AM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||SW|
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Mon 12:56 AM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Mon 12:56 AM||1077 km||669 miles||582 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Mon 12:56 AM||1306 km||811 miles||705 nm||S|
|Georgetown||Sun 11:56 PM||1345 km||836 miles||726 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Sun 11:56 PM||1475 km||916 miles||796 nm||WNW|
|Castries||Sun 11:56 PM||1641 km||1020 miles||886 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Sun 11:56 PM||1647 km||1024 miles||889 nm||WNW|
|Port of Spain||Sun 11:56 PM||1653 km||1027 miles||893 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 11:56 PM||1666 km||1035 miles||900 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.