Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 4:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 04:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.49 meters/second, 1593.0 km/hour, 989.8 miles/hour or 860.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 59.3"||989.68 mi||West||0° 09' 54.7"||11.36 mi||South||990.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 03.3"||760.52 mi||East||4° 10' 44.2"||287.19 mi||South||816.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Mon 1:20 AM||558 km||347 miles||302 nm||SSW|
|Cayenne||Mon 1:20 AM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||S|
|Paramaribo||Mon 1:20 AM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||SW|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Mon 1:20 AM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||SW|
|New Amsterdam||Mon 12:20 AM||747 km||464 miles||403 nm||SW|
|Georgetown||Mon 12:20 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||WSW|
|Linden||Mon 12:20 AM||829 km||515 miles||448 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Mon 12:20 AM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||WNW|
|Scarborough||Mon 12:20 AM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||W|
|Port of Spain||Mon 12:20 AM||1047 km||651 miles||565 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.