Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 4:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 04:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.59 meters/second, 1593.3 km/hour, 990.0 miles/hour or 860.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 59.7"||989.90 mi||West||0° 09' 56.1"||11.38 mi||South||990.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 59.6"||760.61 mi||East||4° 11' 11.3"||287.70 mi||South||817.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Scarborough||Mon 12:46 AM||299 km||186 miles||161 nm||WNW|
|Chaguanas||Mon 12:46 AM||349 km||217 miles||189 nm||W|
|San Fernando||Mon 12:46 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Mon 12:46 AM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||S|
|Port of Spain||Mon 12:46 AM||362 km||225 miles||196 nm||W|
|Bridgetown||Mon 12:46 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||NNW|
|New Amsterdam||Mon 12:46 AM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||S|
|Saint George's||Mon 12:46 AM||442 km||275 miles||239 nm||WNW|
|Linden||Mon 12:46 AM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||S|
|Kingstown||Mon 12:46 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.