Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 4:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 04:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.60 meters/second, 1593.3 km/hour, 990.1 miles/hour or 860.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 59.7"||989.92 mi||West||0° 09' 56.3"||11.38 mi||South||990.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 59.2"||760.62 mi||East||4° 11' 13.5"||287.74 mi||South||817.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Scarborough||Mon 12:48 AM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||WNW|
|Chaguanas||Mon 12:48 AM||297 km||185 miles||160 nm||W|
|San Fernando||Mon 12:48 AM||299 km||186 miles||162 nm||W|
|Port of Spain||Mon 12:48 AM||310 km||193 miles||168 nm||WNW|
|Bridgetown||Mon 12:48 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||NNW|
|Georgetown (Guyana)||Mon 12:48 AM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||S|
|Saint George's||Mon 12:48 AM||397 km||247 miles||215 nm||NW|
|Kingstown||Mon 12:48 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||NW|
|New Amsterdam||Mon 12:48 AM||440 km||274 miles||238 nm||SSE|
|Linden||Mon 12:48 AM||447 km||277 miles||241 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.