Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 9:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.61 meters/second, 1597.0 km/hour, 992.3 miles/hour or 862.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 02.5"||992.20 mi||West||0° 10' 10.0"||11.64 mi||South||992.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 27.0"||761.72 mi||East||4° 15' 44.0"||292.90 mi||South||819.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Mon 2:20 AM||2479 km||1540 miles||1339 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Mon 3:20 AM||2608 km||1621 miles||1408 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Mon 2:20 AM||2617 km||1626 miles||1413 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Mon 1:20 AM||2820 km||1752 miles||1523 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Mon 3:20 AM||2965 km||1843 miles||1601 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Mon 2:20 AM||2970 km||1846 miles||1604 nm||NNE|
|Las Vegas||Mon 1:20 AM||3126 km||1942 miles||1688 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Mon 1:20 AM||3165 km||1967 miles||1709 nm||N|
|Salt Lake City||Mon 2:20 AM||3709 km||2305 miles||2003 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:20 PM||3712 km||2306 miles||2004 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.