Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.86 meters/second, 1597.9 km/hour, 992.9 miles/hour or 862.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||South||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 03.1"||992.76 mi||West||0° 10' 13.3"||11.71 mi||South||993.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 21.1"||762.03 mi||East||4° 16' 49.8"||294.15 mi||South||820.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:30 AM||1917 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 12:30 AM||2208 km||1372 miles||1192 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Mon 12:30 AM||3071 km||1908 miles||1658 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles||Mon 2:30 AM||3652 km||2269 miles||1972 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Mon 2:30 AM||3716 km||2309 miles||2007 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:30 PM||3864 km||2401 miles||2087 nm||WSW|
|Hermosillo||Mon 3:30 AM||3889 km||2416 miles||2100 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 12:30 AM||3898 km||2422 miles||2105 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 2:30 AM||3978 km||2472 miles||2148 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Sun 10:30 PM||3990 km||2479 miles||2154 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.