Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 11:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 11:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.04 meters/second, 1598.5 km/hour, 993.3 miles/hour or 863.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||South||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 03.4"||993.16 mi||West||0° 10' 15.7"||11.75 mi||South||993.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 17.3"||762.25 mi||East||4° 17' 35.9"||295.03 mi||South||820.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 1:20 AM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 1:20 AM||1440 km||895 miles||778 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 11:20 PM||2704 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:20 AM||2804 km||1742 miles||1514 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 1:20 AM||2963 km||1841 miles||1600 nm||S|
|Apia *||Tue 1:20 AM||3214 km||1997 miles||1735 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 12:20 AM||3273 km||2033 miles||1767 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:20 AM||3403 km||2114 miles||1837 nm||S|
|Alofi||Mon 12:20 AM||3571 km||2219 miles||1928 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Mon 11:20 PM||3572 km||2220 miles||1929 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.