Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 1:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.54 meters/second, 1600.4 km/hour, 994.4 miles/hour or 864.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 04.7"||994.29 mi||West||0° 10' 22.4"||11.88 mi||South||994.59 mi|
|24 hours||348° 50' 50.3"||762.96 mi||West||4° 19' 46.0"||297.51 mi||South||822.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 1:46 AM||165 km||103 miles||89 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Tue 1:46 AM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 1:46 AM||1097 km||681 miles||592 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Tue 1:46 AM||1278 km||794 miles||690 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Tue 12:46 AM||1420 km||882 miles||767 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Mon 1:46 AM||1672 km||1039 miles||903 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Tue 1:46 AM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Tue 12:46 AM||2328 km||1447 miles||1257 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Mon 2:46 AM||2502 km||1555 miles||1351 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 2:46 AM||2799 km||1739 miles||1511 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.