Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 2:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.75 meters/second, 1601.1 km/hour, 994.9 miles/hour or 864.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.1"||994.74 mi||West||0° 10' 25.1"||11.93 mi||South||995.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 07.7"||763.26 mi||East||4° 20' 37.5"||298.49 mi||South||822.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Tue 1:46 AM||251 km||156 miles||136 nm||SE|
|Kolonia||Tue 1:46 AM||252 km||156 miles||136 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 12:46 AM||1394 km||866 miles||752 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Tue 2:46 AM||1525 km||948 miles||823 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Tue 2:46 AM||1638 km||1018 miles||884 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Tue 2:46 AM||1639 km||1019 miles||885 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:46 AM||1993 km||1239 miles||1076 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Tue 1:46 AM||2005 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Mon 11:46 PM||2117 km||1316 miles||1143 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 12:46 AM||2217 km||1378 miles||1197 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.