Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 2:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.78 meters/second, 1601.2 km/hour, 994.9 miles/hour or 864.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.2"||994.82 mi||West||0° 10' 25.6"||11.94 mi||South||995.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 07.5"||763.31 mi||East||4° 20' 45.9"||298.65 mi||South||822.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Tue 1:56 AM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||ESE|
|Kolonia||Tue 1:56 AM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 12:56 AM||1158 km||720 miles||625 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Tue 2:56 AM||1739 km||1080 miles||939 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Tue 2:56 AM||1828 km||1136 miles||987 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Mon 11:56 PM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Tue 2:56 AM||1925 km||1196 miles||1039 nm||E|
|Honiara||Tue 1:56 AM||2072 km||1287 miles||1119 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 12:56 AM||2104 km||1308 miles||1136 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Mon 11:56 PM||2136 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.