Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 3:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 15:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.88 meters/second, 1601.6 km/hour, 995.2 miles/hour or 864.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.3"||995.04 mi||West||0° 10' 26.9"||11.97 mi||South||995.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 06.9"||763.47 mi||East||4° 21' 11.1"||299.13 mi||South||823.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Tue 1:26 AM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||NNW|
|Saipan||Tue 1:26 AM||778 km||483 miles||420 nm||N|
|Palikir||Tue 2:26 AM||1272 km||790 miles||687 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Tue 12:26 AM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Tue 12:26 AM||1365 km||848 miles||737 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Tue 12:26 AM||1727 km||1073 miles||932 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 1:26 AM||1956 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||S|
|Honiara||Tue 2:26 AM||2444 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 3:26 AM||2444 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Tue 3:26 AM||2475 km||1538 miles||1336 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.