Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.91 meters/second, 1601.7 km/hour, 995.2 miles/hour or 864.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.3"||995.12 mi||West||0° 10' 27.2"||11.98 mi||South||995.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 06.8"||763.52 mi||East||4° 21' 19.5"||299.28 mi||South||823.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Tue 1:36 AM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||N|
|Saipan||Tue 1:36 AM||790 km||491 miles||427 nm||NNE|
|Melekeok||Tue 12:36 AM||1068 km||664 miles||577 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Tue 12:36 AM||1252 km||778 miles||676 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Tue 12:36 AM||1514 km||941 miles||818 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 2:36 AM||1538 km||955 miles||830 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Tue 1:36 AM||1978 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||S|
|Manado||Mon 11:36 PM||2280 km||1417 miles||1231 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Tue 2:36 AM||2611 km||1623 miles||1410 nm||SE|
|Manila||Mon 11:36 PM||2638 km||1639 miles||1424 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.