Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, January 28, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.95 meters/second, 1601.8 km/hour, 995.3 miles/hour or 864.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.59 mi||west||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||south||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.4"||995.27 mi||west||0° 10' 27.8"||11.99 mi||south||995.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 06.6"||763.63 mi||east||4° 21' 28.6"||299.48 mi||south||823.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Tue 1:46 AM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||NNE|
|Melekeok||Tue 12:46 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||W|
|Saipan||Tue 1:46 AM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||NNE|
|Jayapura||Tue 12:46 AM||1188 km||738 miles||642 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Tue 12:46 AM||1303 km||809 miles||703 nm||SW|
|Davao||Mon 11:46 PM||1768 km||1098 miles||954 nm||W|
|General Santos||Mon 11:46 PM||1828 km||1136 miles||987 nm||W|
|Palikir||Tue 2:46 AM||1834 km||1140 miles||990 nm||E|
|Manado||Mon 11:46 PM||1999 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 1:46 AM||2045 km||1271 miles||1104 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.