Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 4:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 16:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.01 meters/second, 1602.0 kilometres/hour, 995.5 miles/hour or 865.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.5"||995.34 mi||West||0° 10' 28.7"||12.00 mi||South||995.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 06.3"||763.68 mi||East||4° 21' 44.2"||299.76 mi||South||823.56 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Colonia||Tue 2:06 AM||197 km||122 miles||106 nm||NE|
|Melekeok||Tue 1:06 AM||273 km||170 miles||147 nm||WSW|
|Koror||Tue 1:06 AM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 2:06 AM||1033 km||642 miles||558 nm||NE|
|Manokwari||Tue 1:06 AM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Tue 1:06 AM||1247 km||775 miles||673 nm||SSE|
|Davao||Tue 12:06 AM||1264 km||785 miles||683 nm||W|
|General Santos||Tue 12:06 AM||1327 km||825 miles||717 nm||W|
|Manado||Tue 12:06 AM||1536 km||955 miles||830 nm||WSW|
|Gorontalo||Tue 12:06 AM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.