Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 4:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 16:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.06 meters/second, 1602.2 km/hour, 995.6 miles/hour or 865.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.6"||995.44 mi||West||0° 10' 29.3"||12.01 mi||South||995.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 06.3"||763.76 mi||East||4° 21' 55.7"||299.98 mi||South||823.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Koror||Tue 1:20 AM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Tue 1:20 AM||127 km||79 miles||68 nm||ESE|
|Colonia||Tue 2:20 AM||519 km||323 miles||280 nm||ENE|
|Davao||Tue 12:20 AM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||W|
|General Santos||Tue 12:20 AM||959 km||596 miles||518 nm||WSW|
|Manokwari||Tue 1:20 AM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||S|
|Manado||Tue 12:20 AM||1216 km||756 miles||657 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 2:20 AM||1355 km||842 miles||732 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Tue 1:20 AM||1412 km||878 miles||763 nm||SE|
|Gorontalo||Tue 12:20 AM||1438 km||894 miles||777 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.