Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, January 28, 2013 at 16:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.17 meters/second, 1602.6 km/hour, 995.8 miles/hour or 865.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.60 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||south||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.9"||995.78 mi||west||0° 10' 30.8"||12.04 mi||south||996.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 06.2"||764.01 mi||east||4° 22' 25.9"||300.57 mi||south||824.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Marawi City||Tue 12:56 AM||38 km||24 miles||21 nm||W|
|Cagayan de Oro||Tue 12:56 AM||58 km||36 miles||31 nm||N|
|Davao||Tue 12:56 AM||146 km||91 miles||79 nm||SE|
|General Santos||Tue 12:56 AM||213 km||133 miles||115 nm||SSE|
|Surigao||Tue 12:56 AM||223 km||138 miles||120 nm||NNE|
|Cebu City||Tue 12:56 AM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||NNW|
|Zamboanga City||Tue 12:56 AM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||WSW|
|Bacolod||Tue 12:56 AM||350 km||217 miles||189 nm||NNW|
|Iloilo City||Tue 12:56 AM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||NW|
|Puerto Princesa||Tue 12:56 AM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.