Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 8:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 20:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.82 meters/second, 1605.0 km/hour, 997.3 miles/hour or 866.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.9"||997.16 mi||West||0° 10' 39.5"||12.21 mi||South||997.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 11.8"||765.16 mi||East||4° 25' 06.9"||303.62 mi||South||826.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kulhudhuffushi||Tue 1:26 AM||134 km||83 miles||72 nm||SW|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Tue 1:56 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||ENE|
|Male||Tue 1:26 AM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||S|
|Kochi||Tue 1:56 AM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||NE|
|Theni||Tue 1:56 AM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||NE|
|Coimbatore||Tue 1:56 AM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||NE|
|Madurai||Tue 1:56 AM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||ENE|
|Mangaluru||Tue 1:56 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||N|
|Colombo||Tue 1:56 AM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||E|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Tue 1:56 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.