Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 8:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 20:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.88 meters/second, 1605.2 km/hour, 997.4 miles/hour or 866.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.1"||997.29 mi||West||0° 10' 40.3"||12.22 mi||South||997.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 13.0"||765.28 mi||East||4° 25' 21.5"||303.90 mi||South||826.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kulhudhuffushi||Tue 1:46 AM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||E|
|Male||Tue 1:46 AM||590 km||366 miles||318 nm||SE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Tue 2:16 AM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||E|
|Mangaluru||Tue 2:16 AM||873 km||543 miles||471 nm||NE|
|Addu City||Tue 1:46 AM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||SSE|
|Madurai||Tue 2:16 AM||1025 km||637 miles||553 nm||ENE|
|Bengaluru||Tue 2:16 AM||1111 km||691 miles||600 nm||NE|
|Colombo||Tue 2:16 AM||1179 km||732 miles||636 nm||E|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Tue 2:16 AM||1186 km||737 miles||640 nm||E|
|Anantapur||Tue 2:16 AM||1229 km||764 miles||664 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.