Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 28, 2013 at 22:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.16 meters/second, 1606.2 km/hour, 998.0 miles/hour or 867.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.4"||997.91 mi||West||0° 10' 43.9"||12.29 mi||South||998.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 19.1"||765.87 mi||East||4° 26' 28.8"||305.18 mi||South||827.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galkayo||Tue 1:20 AM||115 km||72 miles||62 nm||ESE|
|Kebri Dahar||Tue 1:20 AM||238 km||148 miles||129 nm||W|
|Hargeisa||Tue 1:20 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||NW|
|Berbera||Tue 1:20 AM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||NNW|
|Bosaso||Tue 1:20 AM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||NNE|
|Mogadishu||Tue 1:20 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||SSW|
|Dire Dawa||Tue 1:20 AM||577 km||359 miles||312 nm||WNW|
|Ali Sabieh||Tue 1:20 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||NW|
|Djibouti||Tue 1:20 AM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||NW|
|Dikhil||Tue 1:20 AM||635 km||394 miles||343 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.