Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 2:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 02:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.85 meters/second, 1608.7 kilometres/hour, 999.6 miles/hour or 868.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 08.0"||999.47 mi||West||0° 10' 53.4"||12.47 mi||South||999.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 46.6"||767.58 mi||East||4° 29' 16.6"||308.38 mi||South||829.52 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Freetown||Tue 2:36 AM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Tue 2:36 AM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||NNE|
|Bo||Tue 2:36 AM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||ENE|
|Makeni||Tue 2:36 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||NE|
|Kindia||Tue 2:36 AM||517 km||322 miles||279 nm||NE|
|Kenema||Tue 2:36 AM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||ENE|
|Monrovia||Tue 2:36 AM||531 km||330 miles||286 nm||E|
|Boké||Tue 2:36 AM||538 km||334 miles||290 nm||NNE|
|Koidu||Tue 2:36 AM||575 km||358 miles||311 nm||ENE|
|Kakata||Tue 2:36 AM||582 km||361 miles||314 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.