Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 2:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 02:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.90 meters/second, 1608.9 kilometres/hour, 999.7 miles/hour or 868.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 08.0"||999.59 mi||West||0° 10' 54.1"||12.49 mi||South||999.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 49.4"||767.72 mi||East||4° 29' 28.8"||308.61 mi||South||829.71 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bissau||Tue 2:56 AM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Tue 2:56 AM||828 km||515 miles||447 nm||ENE|
|Freetown||Tue 2:56 AM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||ENE|
|Ziguinchor||Tue 2:56 AM||842 km||523 miles||454 nm||NNE|
|Boké||Tue 2:56 AM||857 km||533 miles||463 nm||NE|
|Serekunda||Tue 2:56 AM||902 km||561 miles||487 nm||NNE|
|Banjul||Tue 2:56 AM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||NNE|
|Bafatá||Tue 2:56 AM||918 km||570 miles||496 nm||NE|
|Kindia||Tue 2:56 AM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||ENE|
|Gabú||Tue 2:56 AM||960 km||596 miles||518 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.