Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 3:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 03:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.05 meters/second, 1609.4 km/hour, 1000.0 miles/hour or 869.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 08.0"||999.93 mi||West||0° 10' 56.2"||12.53 mi||South||1000.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 58.4"||768.15 mi||East||4° 30' 04.7"||309.29 mi||South||830.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Tue 12:56 AM||1146 km||712 miles||619 nm||SSW|
|Recife||Tue 12:56 AM||1555 km||966 miles||840 nm||S|
|Praia||Tue 2:56 AM||1595 km||991 miles||861 nm||NE|
|Belém||Tue 12:56 AM||1711 km||1063 miles||924 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Tue 12:56 AM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||W|
|Salvador||Tue 12:56 AM||2135 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||S|
|Dakar||Tue 3:56 AM||2146 km||1333 miles||1159 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Tue 3:56 AM||2180 km||1354 miles||1177 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Tue 3:56 AM||2228 km||1385 miles||1203 nm||ENE|
|Paramaribo||Tue 12:56 AM||2235 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.